Heinz CareerNavigator Online Recruiting System
CareerNavigator is Heinz College's online recruiting system. Employers can request accounts to post jobs, request interviews and information sessions, and review student resumes. Students can submit resumes, sign up for interviews and find contact information for thousands of recruiters.
First time log-in
- Click on the CareerNavigator logo above
Enter your Andrew ID (CMU Email Account) and Password
- Click "Forgot Password" if not remembered and a new one will be emailed to you
- Your password can be changed in the Profile section of CareerNavigator
- Once logged in you can update your profile, apply for jobs, RSVP to events, etc.
Updating your profile
- It is important to keep your profile updated when using CareerNavigator
- Navigate to the Profile page and complete all the required fields in the Personal section
- Click 'Save changes and continue"
Complete the optional fields in the Academic and Privacy tabs
- A Resume book is a collection of resumes employers use to distinguish candidates for their desired positions
Navigate to the "Jobs" menu at the top of the screen
- "Opportunities In CareerNavigator" are jobs posted for Heinz students by employers
- NACElink Extended Job Search is a nationwide listing of jobs
What's the difference between Jobs, Interviews and Jobs I Qualify for?
- 'Jobs' are positions that do not have an interview schedule in CareerNavigator
- 'Interviews' are positions that have an interview schedule
- 'Jobs I Qualify for' will only show posts that match information in your profile
- You can also search by Position Type, Keyword, or Job location
- Click on "Job Title" to view more details about the job including the application process
RSVP to Information Sessions & Career Workshops
- Navigate to the "Events" page at the top of the screen
- Events are categorized as either "Information Sessions" or "Workshops"
Click on the event for more details and to RSVP
- Ensure your Profile indicates "Graduate Student." Otherwise, you will not be able to view events.
Signing up for a Mock Interview
- Navigate to the Jobs menu and click "Opportunities In CareerNavigator"
- Select "Mock Interview" from the down down menu in Position Type
- Click on the session, upload your resume, and select a time slot
- Click "Cancel" to cancel your session
Uploading and Locating Documents
- Navigate to the "Documents" page at the top of the screen
The Documents section allows you to upload resumes, cover letters, and transcripts
- Click the "Add New" icon at the bottom to add a new document
- You can upload multiple documents but be sure to clearly label them to avoid confusion
- The " Document Library" contains workshop handouts, presentations, and other career resources.
Need Help with CareerNavigator?
Contact Rebecca Clarkson at 412-268-3842 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Career Services office between 8:30am and 5:00pm.