MISM BIDA Requirements
The MISM BIDA concentration requires you to demonstrate proficiency in technology management, analytics, IT strategy, and fundamental business skills.
MISM BIDA Requirements
- 180 units of coursework and project work which is the equivalent of 15 semester-length courses, are to be completed in three semesters.
- A team-based project course in your area of interest with an external client.
- An overall grade point average of 3.0.
- A summer internship
MISM BIDA Course Requirements
The required courses are designed to build core competencies in analytics, technology, and management. As a student in MISM BIDA, you also have the flexibility to choose from a range of challenging elective courses designed to help you excel in an increasingly digital world.
Course requirements include:
Required Analytics and Technology Courses (72 units):
- Database Management
- Data Warehousing
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Applied Econometrics I
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Machine Learning for Problem Solving
- Distributed Systems
- Digital Transformation
Required Management Courses (42 units):
- Statistics for IT Managers
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Economic Analysis
- Accounting and Finance Foundations
- Professional Writing
- Professional Speaking
Required Project Course (24 units):
- Data Analytics Capstone Project
Sample Electives (select 42 units):
- Measurement and Analysis of Social Media
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining in SAS
- Exploring and Visualizing Data
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Text Analytics
- Hadoop and MapReduce
- Programming R for Analytics
- Privacy in the Digital Age
- Python for Analytics
- Other electives as indicated in the program handbook or approved by advisor or program director.
If you have a strong background in any of the required courses, you can receive an exemption by passing the exemption exam. If a course does not offer an exemption exam, you will need permission of the instructor. Exempting a course doesn't reduce the required number of courses you must complete. However, you can add more elective courses to expand your knowledge base.
You'll also need a laptop during your enrollment period. Have your own or need to purchase one? Please read our technology requirements first.