Information Systems Management
The next generation of technology management leaders needs a degree to help prepare them to lead enterprises in innovative ways. Our graduates are trained as analytical problem solvers, who will develop and deploy IT to create value for their organizations and society.
Our Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) program was developed from the ground up as a blended business-technology program. Through our program, students will develop better planning, management and technical abilities that focus on the application of technology to create business value.
Unique Features & Benefits
- Top Ranked: US News & World Report ranks CMU’s Heinz College as the #1 graduate school in Information & Technology and Management.
- Exceptional Career Outcomes: Our robust recruiting ecosystem provides career opportunities in Silicon Valley, New York City, and everything in-between. We also have a exceptional reputation amongst our alumni members as well as with corporate recruiters in industries such as consulting, technology, and banking. See the MISM Employment report here.
- Quantitative management and technology: Our information systems courses offer a unique blend of technology, management, and strategy.
- Experiential learning: We provide opportunities with global organizations to apply IT/business leadership skills in projects, clubs, discussions, and competitions.
Multiple Options: Students will find several opportunities to pursue a MISM degree at Heinz College:
- Our flagship MISM degree is an accelerated, three-semester, 16-month program that includes significant experiential learning, including a summer internship.
- Our MISM-Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA) program provides IT management training along with cutting edge business analytics techniques and practices.
- Students with more than three years of professional work experience can forgo the internship and complete the MISM degree in one calendar year.
- Our Global MISM four-semester program offers a once in a lifetime year in Adelaide, Australia and 2nd year in our main campus in Pittsburgh. Compared with the other three MISM programs, Global MISM provides a chance to take more electives or a lighter course load.
- Access to other CMU Schools: Our curriculum gives the students an option to take courses at CMU's highly ranked School of Computer Science and the Tepper School of Business.