MSIT Application Process
Before you begin the application process, please carefully review the list of application requirements and admission criteria for the MSIT Program:
1. Online Application Form
3. Standardized Test Scores (GRE or GMAT)
4. English Language Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
7. Required Essay
8. Optional essay
9. Video interview or video essay (optional, but strongly recommended)
10. Verification Requirement (applicable only if you are admitted!)
11. State Authorization and Licensure
Each track in the MSIT program has varied and specific programming coursework/experience requirements. All prospective students are encourage to click here to get more information.
MSIT-MTI Dual Degree applicants only: MSIT-MTI Dual Degree applicants must apply for admission to both Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College and to ITESM-Tecnológico de Monterrey. MSIT-MTI Dual Degree applicants should submit the online application to Carnegie Mellon by May 1 at the latest. MSIT-MTI applicants who submit all required materials to both institutions before the deadline may receive early notification. Late applications will be accepted as long as seats remain in the class and sufficient time remains to register for mandatory MSIT-MTI orientation week on-campus at Carnegie Mellon University (in July).