MSIT (Part-time & Distance Learning) Admissions Process
With an MSIT degree from the #1-ranked university in Information Technology & Management by US News & World Report, you'll be highly coveted in this competitive field. No other school can match our world class faculty and intensive technology and management coursework.
Our ideal candidate for admission:
- Is an experienced IT professional with a minimum of 3 years of relevant, full-time professional experience (in addition to a bachelor's degree)
- Has demonstrated leadership potential and professional competence within their application for admission.
- Each track has varied and specific programming coursework/experience requirements. All prospective students are encourage to click here to get more information.
We identify candidates by careful review of their application for admission and the strength of their educational and work experience. For more information on our student body, including demographics and test scores, view the class profile.
Before you begin your online application, please carefully review the information below.
Applications are accepted year-round for any of our three start dates. Be sure to have your application and required materials submitted before the deadline listed below. You'll be notified of our decision approximately 3-5 weeks after the application deadline.
- FALL (late August): July 1
- SPRING (early January): November 1
- SUMMER (mid May): April 1
Which version of MSIT is best for you?
On-campus, evening program
The on-campus option is designed for students interested in attending evening classes (typically held 5:30-8:30 PM) one evening per week (Monday-Thursday). MSIT Application Requirements.
The distance option is for students interested in completing the degree completely online, without traveling to campus for coursework. MSIT Application Requirements.
State Authorization & Licensure
More info for International Students
MSIT is available only as a part-time program and does not qualify international students to apply for a student visa to live and study in the United States. International students who are in the United States on a work (or other) visa that permits graduate study may enroll in the MSIT program as long as their non-student visa is valid.