Master of Entertainment Industry Management
Immerse yourself in the heart of the entertainment industry, learning from industry leaders and gaining professional experience at major studios, networks, agencies, and production companies.
Our unique dual-city Master of Entertainment Industry Management (MEIM) program covers everything from management skills to hands-on experience within the entertainment industry. In the first year in Pittsburgh, students develop their business management and leadership skills required to excel in a constantly changing marketplace. In the second year in Los Angeles, students’ practical learning experiences include classes with top industry professionals and almost 1000 hours of internship experience. The MEIM program positions its graduates to be leaders throughout the entertainment industry.
Unique Features & Benefits:
- Second Year in LA: Students spend their entire second year in Los Angeles taking courses taught by top entertainment industry professionals. The second year also features a professional practicum, with students supplementing their full academic course load with 4 days per week internships with leading entertainment companies, including major studios, talent agencies, management firms, game publishers, marketing and distribution companies, broadcast and cable networks, and production companies.
- Sundance and SXSW Festivals: Students build professional experience and relationships through participation at South by Southwest, Cannes and Sundance Film Festivals as a part of their graduate course work.
- Experiential learning: Internships, participating in film festivals, attending conferences and speaker series, and completing capstone projects with entertainment industry clients are some of the ways that students benefit from our hands-on, practical learning approach. Capstone clients include - Disney, Warner Bros. Twitter, Nielsen, PwC, Fox, and IMAX amongst others.
- Engagement in the Entertainment Community: Students receive memberships to Film Independent, The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and Hollywood Radio & TV Society to continue their integration into the entertainment industry.
- Leadership development: Students are immersed in a variety of leadership related training opportunities ranging from academic coursework to unique workshops and guest panels to involvement in various clubs and organizations.
- Quantitative management and technology: Students gain advanced knowledge of the entertainment industry’s most highly coveted competencies, from finance to data analysis to budget reviews and marketing strategies, giving students a competitive edge.
- Exceptional alumni and employer networks: Students have access to an active professional mentorship community, including MEIM alumni, industry leaders & corporate partners.