Health Care Policy & Management
The health care industry will represent over 20% of the nation’s economy by 2020. A rapidly growing industry like this needs leaders armed with a specialized degree and exceptional analytical skills to manage the business-of-the-business of Health Care.
Our Master of Science in Health Care Policy and Management (MSHCPM) program provides students with a world-class education that enables them to pursue and succeed in many different types of careers within the health sector, from Healthcare Administration to Public Health to Population Health.
Unique Features & Benefits
- A More Comprehensive Degree: Our program is specially designed to meet the needs of today's health care executive. Students develop a skill set that is unique, marketable and transferable across the healthcare industry.
- Quantitative management and technology: The MSHCPM is a top-ranked (US News & World Report) health policy and management program housed in School of Public Policy, with concentrations in economics and policy, IT and operations, and management and organization.
- Experiential learning: Students participate in team based capstone projects, internships and independent studies that emphasize experiential learning and leadership through real-world situations.
- Leadership development: Our world-class faculty focuses on leadership, core competencies, team based learning with a quantitative approach to solving problems.
- Exceptional alumni and employer networks: Our graduates can be found working for organizations such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MITRE, Cleveland Clinic, Ernst and Young, Aspen Advisors, FTI Consulting, Highmark, Johnson and Johnson, Partners Healthcare, SDLC Partners and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).