Health Care Policy & Management
The health care industry is booming. The U.S. Bureau of Labor notes that employment in the health care sector has climbed sharply over the past 25 years, even during the 2008 financial crisis, and economists predict continued job growth into the coming decades. In fact, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services report that health care will consume nearly 20 percent of the U.S. economy by 2024.
This rapidly evolving sector of the U.S. economy requires creative, business-minded leaders to shape the future of the industry. As health care’s impact continues to grow, these leaders will manage complex, data-driven systems that influence everything from medical records to payroll. They will support and administer medical practitioners in providing high-quality, cost-effective care to patients to ensure their long-term health and wellness.
Our Master of Science in Health Care Policy and Management (MSHCPM) program develops these leaders. We provide students with a world-class education that enables them to pursue and succeed in many different types of careers within the health sector, from Healthcare Administration to Public Health to Population Health. Our management program, built on a firm foundation of quantitative analytics, technology, and experiential learning, give students the wide-ranging skill set required to advance to the highest levels of health care management in both the public and private sectors.
Unique Features & Benefits
- A More Comprehensive Degree: Our program is specially designed to meet the needs of today's health care executive. Students develop a skill set that is unique, marketable and transferable across the healthcare industry. We offer concentrations in the following areas: Health Care IT & Analytics, Health Care Policy, and Health Care Management.
- Quantitative management and technology: The MSHCPM is a top-ranked (US News & World Report) health policy and management program that focuses on developing core management and policy competencies, leadership, team based learning with a quantitative approach to solving problems.
- Experiential learning: Students participate in team based capstone projects, internships and independent studies that emphasize experiential learning and leadership through real-world situations.
- Leadership development: Students are immersed in a variety of leadership related training opportunities ranging from academic coursework to unique workshops and guest panels to involvement in various clubs and organizations.
- Exceptional alumni and employer networks: Our graduates can be found working for organizations such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MITRE, Cleveland Clinic, Ernst and Young, Aspen Advisors, FTI Consulting, Highmark, Johnson and Johnson, Partners Healthcare, SDLC Partners and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
We are members of the following organizations:
|Health Care Management||Health Care IT & Analytics||Health Care Policy|
|American College of Healthcare Executives||HIMSS - Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society||Academy of Health|