Leaders of Experiential Project-Based Education (LEPE) Conference 2018
Catalysts for Intelligent Action
At the 2018 LEADERS OF EXPERIENTIAL PROJECT-BASED EDUCATION (LEPE) CONFERENCE, educators and professionals from around the world gather in an intimate setting to learn, share insights and have candid conversations about their experiential learning programs.
Tuesday, June 19 – Thursday, June 21, 2018
Join us in Pittsburgh to discuss the issues that matter most to you and the experiential project-based education community. The 2018 conference offers opportunities to:
- Engage in strategic conversations, exploring new ideas and unique approaches to project-based learning
- Meet current challenges through formal and informal networking sessions
- Learn different perspectives on “what has worked” versus what is still “work-in-progress”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The conference is for faculty and administrative directors who offer project-based learning to their students.
The conference takes place over a three-day period and includes a wide variety of plenary sessions, networking opportunities, and featured speakers. Learn from thought leaders in this industry and your LEPE peers.
To register for the conference, please click on the “register now” button below. You will be asked to pay your registration fee via credit card during the registration process.
The deadline to register and remit payment is MAY 18, 2018.
Registration fee: $400.00 USD
If you have any questions about payment, please contact Carnegie Mellon University Conference & Events Services at 412-268-1125 / 1-800-590-4139 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We depend on our members to participate as speakers and presenters at the LEPE Conference. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, as a featured speaker or as a team, please click the "submit proposal" button below.
Submit your proposal no later than APRIL 2, 2018 .
A committee of LEPE peers will review the proposals to determine which ones will be featured at the conference. We will let you know if your proposal has been accepted no later than April 15, 2018.
We appreciate your participation!
The 2018 LEPE Conference hotel is the recently built Residence Inn, located at 3341 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 USA.
It is a 15-minute walk (or a short shuttle ride) to Heinz College, Hamburg Hall, the site of the conference.
The room rate is $139.00 USD per night and will be available at that rate until MAY 22, 2018 (or until sold out). There are 70 rooms available and reservations must be made through the link below to receive the special conference rate. Attendees are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel accommodations.
TUESDAY JUNE 19, 2018
Lecture from Laurie Weingart, Interim Provost of Carnegie Mellon University
Reception in the Teresa Heinz Rotunda
WEDNESDAY JUNE 20, 2018
Registration / Breakfast
Welcome & Participant Introductions
The Innovation for Humanity Project: LEPE's Impact in an Evolving Project-Based International Program
One Year Out: Assessing LEPE Schools' Progress Toward Implementation of Assurance of Learning Standards
Experiential Learning Sponsor Panel
Shuttle to CMU's Entertainment Technology Center
Entertainment Technology Center Tour
Shuttle to Residence Inn
Networking Dinners (use sign-in sheets at registration)
THURSDAY JUNE 21, 2018
Arrival & Breakfast
Modern Approaches for Modern Projects: Using Digital Tools to Reach New Audiences
The Impact of MIT Sloan Action Learning on the Student Learning Experience
Experiential Learning Outside of Traditional Management
Measuring the Impact of Project-Based Experiential Learning
Closing Remarks / Next Steps
Return to Residence Inn / Free Time
5:30PM - Bus picks up at Heinz College
5:40PM - Bus picks up at Residence Inn
First pitch at Pirates Game & Dinner!
Attendees at prior conferences include:
- Boston University, Questrom School of Business
- Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management
- The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- Columbia Business School
- Cornell University, Johnson School of Business
- Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
- Emory University, Goizueta Business School
- George Washington University School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- Humber College
- INCAE Business School
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- MIT, Sloan School of Management
- New York University, Stern School of Business
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
- The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- UC San Diego, Rady School of Management
- University of Connecticut School of Business
- University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
- University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
- University of Pittsburgh, Katz School of Business
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
- University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business
- University of Wisconsin School of Business
- Upper Iowa University
- Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
- Yale School of Management