This course is about communication. Specifically, we will use various media elements (text, graphics, animation, video and sound) to form communicative units. The purpose of a multimedia piece is to communicate your message to the audience. The goal of this course is to use type, color, illustrations, images, sound, animation and video to produce professional materials. This course will teach a combination of graphic design skills and software skills. Students will also learn the terminology, procedures and production requirement to effectively communicate with ad agencies, design firms and commercial printers.
Throughout the course students will learn the skills of the following applications:
• Adobe InDesign CC • Adobe Illustrator CC
• Adobe Photoshop CC • Apple Garageband
• Adobe After Effects CC • Apple Final Cut Pro/ Adobe Premiere
Each of the above software programs will have one or two projects/assignments that will be completed by the student. These applications are available in the classroom as well as several public clusters. While the class offers a jump-start to these applications, students are expected to explore the higher level features on their own. Another resource is the Internet - which offers a wealth of tips and techniques for these applications.
By the end of the class you will be able to...
• Create professional multi-media material using a variety of Adobe/Apple software.
• Be able to effectively communicate to your target audience using a variety of mutli-media programs.
• Become familiar with media design principles.
• Become familiar with graphic design/multi-media terminology.
• Be able to effectively communicate with clients, design firms and media content professionals.