Intermediate Programming with Python
This seven-week course is the follow-on to Introduction to Programming with Python. It assumes basic knowledge of Python control constructs, functions, files, data structures, and the numpy library. The course will cover gathering data from various sources including web scraping, web API's, CSV and other structured data files, and databases; data cleansing; using the pandas library for data analysis; regular expressions and other string processing methods; classes and object-oriented programming; and building real-world software applications.
Please note: Students who have taken this course should not take Data Focused Python, except for MPP-DA students. Students who have taken Data Focused Python should not take this course.
At the end of this course, each student will be able to:
- write Python applications for data-analysis problems
- understand the concepts and use the constructs of Python libraries, including numpy, pandas, and the re (regular expression) package.
- load, cleanse, and process data
- use Web API's and/or web scraping to download data
- create, load, and process data in a relational database
- write object-oriented programs
90812, Introduction to Programming with Python