Destinations in Data
Heinz College Career Services is hosting this three-day event for students to learn about analytics-focused jobs and internships spanning various industries.
Heinz Students: Register Here
If registration fails, try using another email address
Staff, Faculty, Recruiters: Email Kelly George for registration info.
Wednesday, October 7 - Data Analytics Internship Showcase
7:00-8:30am ET and 11:30am-1:00pm ET
This event will allow incoming students to network with returning students who have held analytics-focused internships across various industries. Students will be able to engage in casual conversations on a virtual platform, allowing the second year students to answer internship-related questions.
Thursday, October 8 - Data Analytics Industry Speakers
A series of featured speakers will highlight industry trends within their area of data analytics expertise during a 30 minute tech talk, following by the opportunity for student questions.
Streaming Live at 11:30am-12:15pm - Choose from simultaneous presentations:
Streaming Live at 12:30pm-1:15pm - Choose from simultaneous presentations:
- Big Tech: Trupti Natu, Uber
- Public Tech: Adam Hovne, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Entertainment: Dennis Kooker, Sony Music Entertainment
Friday, October 9 - Data Analytics Career Fair
Meet employers from various industries who are looking to hire Heinz College students for internship and full-time opportunities related to data analytics.
Alumni Panel with Starcom
Hear from a panel of CMU Alumni on their experiences working for Starcom, an global media network. Starcom is a division of Publicis Media, whose recruiters you can meet at the Career Fair.
Panelists: Jessica Schrey (MAM), Jessie Chen (MEIM), and Lindsey McClary (MCS)
Panel Moderator: Kate Rinnan, Recruiter at Publicis Media
Event Tips and Resources
1. Register for the event in advance to preview event speakers and companies. Add a photo, bio, and LinkedIn URL to your event profile, so employers can connect with you. If your registration fails, try using another email address.
2. Use this link to enter the event, after you've registered.
3. Upload your resume to your Handshake profile and make it visible by Tuesday, October 6th at 12:00pm ET. We’ll use it to create resume books for employers who attend the fair.
4. Watch this video on navigating virtual booths in Destinations in Data