Zoom Global Setting Recommendations
The following Zoom global settings are suggested changes that will create the least disruptive experience for all users.
- Go to https://cmu.zoom.us/
- Click, Sign in (Configure your account, schedule meetings, and more) button.
- Login with your Andrew ID
- In the left sidebar, click Profile
- In the right pane click Edit for Personal Meeting ID
- Change your meeting ID to your CMU phone number or a number you can remember. Click Save Changes.
- In the left sidebar, click Settings. Then, in the right pane, click Meeting.
In the Meeting pane, select the options that best fit your teaching style and course format. The following options are recommended:
- Host Video: On
- Participants video: Off
- Smaller classes or discussion classes may consider turning this On.
- Join before host: On
- Use Personal Meeting ID when scheduling a meeting: On
- If this setting is turned off, you get a different URL for each meeting.
- Use Personal Meeting ID when starting an instant message: On
- Require password for participants joining by phone: Off
- Mute participants upon entry: On
- If this setting is turned off, background noise will be disruptive
- Chat: On
- Co-Host: On
- Polling: On
- Allow host to put attendee on hold: On
- Screen sharing: On
- Annotation: On
- Whiteboard: On
- Breakout Room: On
- Group HD Video: Off
- Virtual Background: Off