The Executive Advantage Program
Connect. Learn. Advance.
As alumni of Carnegie Mellon's executive education program, you already belong to an elite community - trailblazers, pathfinders, and groundbreakers who are innovating in their organizations and leading at the cutting-edge of change. Earning your executive education certificate is just the beginning of a lifelong relationship with CMU; we're here to help you advance your career throughout your professional life. The Executive Advantage program is meant for people who always want to be ahead of the curve - those who want to lead the conversation, not just be a part of it.
The Executive Advantage program was designed with you - C-suite executives and lifelong learners - in mind. In addition to the valuable skills you gain through our executive certificate programs, you now have access to:
maximize your potential
Anticipate trends and prepare for industry-changing developments.
- We offer seminars throughout the year, presented by CMU faculty and expert practitioners and specific to your domain, to help you stay up-to-date on the very latest developments in your field.
Virtual events*; typically scheduled 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. ET on Fridays.
- Two annual, virtual, elite leadership summits will focus on the managerial skills, insights, and best practices relevant to you as tech leaders, with skills germane to senior leaders across industry.
Virtual events; typically scheduled 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. ET on Fridays.
- Connect - or reconnect - with your fellow C-suite leaders. Each year, you are invited to CMU's main campus in Pittsburgh for a two-day symposium. This gathering incorporates technical sessions, providing opportunities to learn the newest strategies and skills and to hear from experienced executives about leading-edge issues.
In-person events; typically scheduled Thursday dinner through Saturday noon.
- We provide access to Wall Street Journal Pro Events for professional development opportunities.
*Our virtual events are free. In-person events have a fee to cover event costs, meals, etc.
C-Suite Career Accelerator
- Career coaching session - Consult your Heinz College career counselor; learn how to capitalize on your experience for further career advancement.
- Get resume guidance on how to highlight your skillset and leverage your executive education credentials.
- Leverage Heinz College's employer and alumni connections to learn about job opportunities or to recruit for your organization.
Pay It Forward
- You are our best ambassadors. Your results and your professional achievements speak volumes. Spread the love! Refer colleagues and employees to one of our executive education certificate programs. Email email@example.com to share their contact information with us - or have them reach out to us directly if you prefer.
- Create a talent pipeline of CMU students and recent graduates within your organization by hiring interns and posting jobs.
- Propose a capstone project. Tap into master's students' technology solutions to your organization’s data challenges by partnering on a Heinz College semester-long capstone project and get 1,000+ hours of work from some of the most talented graduate students in the world.
- Partner with a CMU faculty researcher who can help your organization with insights and solutions to provide market edge. Check out our faculty's areas of expertise and contact Alexa Hansen to start a conversation about collaborating.
- Join CMU research consortia to be the first to know about emerging technologies in cybersecurity, scientific research, AI applications, and more. CMU's array of research centers can help your organization stay at the forefront of nascent technology. Contact Alexa Hansen to find out more.
Mentor, Lead, Promote
Know a promising colleague? Send them our way!
- Strengthen ties with your own cohort and meet other CMU executive education alumni through our private Slack channel. Gain access to future program module recordings and materials, share resources, engage in discussions about emerging topics, and amplify your organization's hiring opportunities with some of the brightest and most experienced colleagues in the industry.
- Receive invitations to regional alumni mixers hosted in major cities. These gatherings offer excellent opportunities for robust discussion and professional connections.
Stay Connected and Grow Your Network
Connect with leaders and build your professional network.