Heinz College is proudly housed within Carnegie Mellon University, an internationally recognized center of academic excellence and innovation.
- #1 - Information and Technology Management (U.S. News and World Report)
- #1 - Analytics Education (INFORMS-UPS George D. Smith Prize)
- #1 - Cybersecurity (U.S. News and World Report)
- #2 - Information Systems (U.S. News and World Report)
- #3 - Online Information Technology Degree (TheBestSchools.org)
- #5 - Environmental Policy and Management (U.S. News and World Report)
- #8 - Public Policy Analysis (U.S. News and World Report)
- #12 - Public Affairs (U.S. News and World Report)
Heinz College is consistently highly ranked among public affairs graduate schools. U.S. News and World Report has ranked us #1 in Information and Technology Management since 2001.
We have been named the #2 Public Policy Graduate Program by Graduate Programs, #2 in Information Systems Management by MastersInDataScience.org, and have appeared on lists of the Best Graduate Schools for Cybersecurity by CSO Magazine, Digital Guardian, and Universities.com.
Heinz College has two long-standing joint degree programs with CMU’s College of Fine Arts (CFA)—The Master of Arts Management (MAM) and Master of Entertainment Industry Management (MEIM). CFA is frequently ranked among the very best schools of art and design, with several departments considered Top 3 in the world.
MORE UNIVERSITY RANKINGS
Carnegie Mellon University is ranked the #28 University in the World by Times Higher Education, and a main driver of the innovation and economic resurgence in the City of Pittsburgh—a renaissance that has garnered international attention and praise.
- #1 - Artificial Intelligence (U.S. News)
- #1 - Programming Language (U.S. News)
- #1 - Software Engineering (U.S. News)
- #1 - Time-Based/New Media (U.S. News)
- #2 - Web/Mobile Applications (U.S. News)
- #2 - Computer Science (U.S. News)
- #2 - Data Science (U.S. News)
- #2 - Quantitative Analysis (U.S. News)
- #2 - Business Analytics (U.S. News)
- #2 - School of Drama (Hollywood Reporter)
- #4 - School of Engineering (U.S. News)
- #5 - Statistics (U.S. News)
- #5 - Most Innovative Schools (U.S. News)
- #7 - Fine Arts Programs (U.S. News)
- #10 - Best for New Hires (Wall Street Journal)
CMU is affiliated with 20 Nobel Laureates, 13 Turing Award recipients, 2 Stockholm Prize recipients, 59 Emmy Award winners (146 total awards), 25 Tony Award winners (48), and eight Academy Award winners (10).
CMU has also been home to six members of the National Academy of Medicine, 20 members of the National Academy of Sciences, and 67 members of the National Academy of Engineering.
A global research university with more than 11,000 students, 84,000 alumni, and 4,000 faculty and staff, CMU is recognized for its world-class arts and technology programs, collaboration across disciplines, and innovative leadership in education. CMU’s renowned faculty members are practicing professionals who bring extensive knowledge and experience into the classroom.
Heinz College is one of CMU's seven colleges, along with the College of Engineering, College of Fine Arts, Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mellon College of Science, School of Computer Science, and Tepper School of Business.