CMU Computer Store
Software can be purchased from the CMU computer store at academic prices. Visit the Computer Store in the basement of the CMU Bookstore in the Student Center.
Abode Acrobat Reader
Read, navigate and print PDF files. Download it from the Adobe Reader site.
ESRI including ArcGIS Desktop (Basic, Standard, Advance), CityEngine, ArcGIS Pro
ESRI products are available to the CMU community in all campus locations around the world. A CMU Esri Organizational account is needed to access the ArcGIS Pro software.
You will use your CMU Andrew ID to login to the ArcGIS Pro software, ArcGIS Online, Story Maps, other online Esri apps, or to download the software.
1. Open a browser and navigate to https://carnegiemellon.maps.arcgis.com/.
2. Click Carnegie Mellon University and login using your Andrew ID. Follow the process through.
3. Once you create a new organization account, you will need to request download access for your CMU account should you wish to download the software and install it on your own computer.
4. Click your user name in in the top right of the screen with your newly created account.
5. Select My Esri. This will redirect you to My ESRI. Look for the option to Request To Connect to our organization account.
6. Select it. To request the software, enter the 6152 for the Customer number and Carnegie Mellon University for the Organization name. Fill in the remaining contact details. Request “Download” access. All other permission will be denied.
Request received during buisness hours should be processed the same day. Request received over the weekend or a holiday may not be processed until regular business hours resume.
Carnegie Mellon University has licensed with Microsoft to provide students most titles from Microsoft at no charge. This includes, but not limited to: Windows 7/8/10, Project, Visio, Visual Studio, MS SQL, and hundreds more. Log in with your Andrew username and password:
The latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows and Mac is available via the Office 365 Portal.
Minitab is available for download from the CMU Licensed Software List
Installation media to install Oracle software used in Heinz College classes are available in the software loan library or via download. See the Heinz Help Desk located at HbH A200 for physical media. If you prefer to download it, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent an invitation to download it from a shared Box folder.
SAS (Statistics Software)
SAS is available online through the SAS OnDemand for Academics program. You can access the online site through the CMU Licensed Software List. The latest version can be downloaded free of charge.
Stata is available for purchase at reduced rates called GradPlan pricing. Software purchased through Stata's GradPlan does NOT have an expiration date, but is a perpetual license for that software version. People purchasing through Stata's GradPlan may elect to upgrade their software when a new release is available.
To order a copy of Stata, contact StataCorp
Phone: 800-782-8272 (Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 Central Time)
Pricing and online orders: http://www.stata.com/order/new/edu/gradplans/gp-campus.html
VMWare Academic Product License
The Heinz College belongs to the VMWare Academic Product (VMAP) program. VMAP gives students free access to VMWare Fusion for Mac, VMWare Player, and VMWare Workstation for Windows. The products are downloaded through eLearning. Log in with your Andrewusername and password:
>>> Go To VMAP Webstore <<<