star twitter facebook envelope linkedin instagram youtube alert-red alert home left-quote chevron hamburger minus plus search triangle x

International Student Information

International students who enroll in our part-time degrees (on-campus and distance-learning) do not qualify for a student visa (F1).

If you plan to enroll on campus in Pittsburgh or if you are a distance-learning student living in the United States, you must have an immigration status that permits you to take classes in a graduate program.

If you are a distance-learning student living outside of the United States, you may continue to live in that location and attend classes by distance-learning. For the MSIT distance-learning program, you never need to come to campus for your classes.

If you have questions or concerns about your immigration status in the United States, please contact Carnegie Mellon University's Office of International Education for help (+1.412.268.5231 or