Creative Producing: Visuals and Vision. This course focuses on the main interpreters of the script (producers directors and their teams) from the POV of an instructor who has worked primarily as a director and writer with a strong producorial hand. Topics will include choice of material and early creative discussions with an emphasis on visual language story character and the various components used to bring an idea from page to screen. Also examined will be the producer and director's function as it relates to other key positions within the entertainment industry. Classroom participation is mandatory in this course (presenting projects defending them and critiquing others).
- Develop a visual vocabulary
- Analyze examples of creative decisions and how they affect the business of "show"
- Explore ways to problem solve with specificity in a creative manner
- Examine the roles of the Producer/Director in regards to others on the creative team
- Learn to compromise effectively, but defend your vision
- Dvelop skills in pitching and selling yourself in the room as a creative producer