Business Intelligence & Analytics
Most businesses today use Business Intelligence technologies to analyze and transform data into actionable intelligence that supports an organization's strategic and tactical business decision decision making. This course provides potential IT managers with an understanding of the issues involved in designing, developing and implementing business intelligence solutions. In particular, the course will focus on specific technologies including data mining, data warehousing and data visualization.
Students will be engaged with hand-on tutorials and assignments using cutting-edge data visualization, data cleansing and data mining tools for business intelligence. Case studies describing organizational experiences with business intelligence and analytics will be used to give a management focus. Ultimately the course provides insights into managerial issues relevant to these technologies along with strong hands-on experience using the tools themselves.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Capture the business and technical requirements for Business Intelligence solution architecture.
- Describe the major stages and requirements of a Business Intelligence project lifecycle (while appreciating the real-world challenges).
- Understanding machine learning techniques that are used in BI solutions for predictive analytics and apply them to data sets.
- Understand Big Data and technologies that are helping to manage this data "deluge".
- Learn about analytics with unstructured data (social networks, text, images) .
- Describe and plan Business Intelligence operations and their management.
- Use TABLEAU and WEKA to develop analytic solutions through data visualization and building dashboards.
Introduction to Database Management is a pre-requisite course.