NOTE: This is a flipped course. Many lectures will be watched asynchronously before class. During class, we will discuss core concepts, conduct exercises, and discuss cases.
As organizations continue to look for ways to reduce costs, managers are often expected to oversee special projects in addition to their traditional responsibilities. When a project is too complex for one person to handle, the project manager is expected to lead a team of diverse employees to complete the assignment. This course will assist the project manager to break down a complex project into manageable segments, lead a diverse project team, and use effective tools to ensure that the project meets its deliverables and is completed within budget and on schedule. Over the course of the mini, students will complete a plan for an actual project, giving them valuable experience with the relevant tools and skills, including Microsoft Project software.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Implement the key steps involved in managing a project
• Organize the project into manageable components
• Successfully lead project teams and work with stakeholders
• Use effective tools to oversee and monitor complex projects
• Develop project budgets and schedules
• Bring complex projects to successful completion
• Use Microsoft Project to create a project plan and monitor progress
• Develop a comprehensive project plan which is ready for implementation
• Analyze and apply lessons from other actual projects