R Shiny for Operations Management
This course will teach students to generate interactive websites including GIS maps and other data visualizations and reports using the R programming language. The course will focus on RStudio's Shiny web application framework for creating interactive web applications, and the Leaflet library package for mobile- friendly interactive maps. This course builds directly from its prerequisite course, Programming R for Analytics course, and offers students a chance to build skills that will be marketable in both the public and the private sectors. Students will learn to load data from a variety of sources and formats for use in interactive web interfaces that can provide real-time information, including Rest APIs.
- Use R to generate interactive charts, maps, tables and graphs.
- Create, develop and deploy R Shiny web applications.
- Customize the appearance of Shiny applications using Shiny and CSS.
- Use Web API’s and DB Connectors to get data into Shiny applications.
- Use Human Centered Design principles.
- Use git and versioning to save, revert and troubleshoot code.
Programming R for Analytics or other approved Courses with a focus on the statistical programming language R.