CAPSTONES: ACTION FOR YOU, LEARNING FOR US
At Heinz College, we believe experiential learning is more than a buzz term. The application of coursework to real-world scenarios, the "Capstone Project" experience, is central to our students’ education. For you, as a capstone sponsor, it means a team of very bright graduate students addressing your business problem with a technology solution, contributing to your mission and your success..
- Project team of 4 - 6 talented masters' students from the #Top-ranked institution in the country for Information Systems and Analytics Education.
- Led by a Heinz College faculty member with subject matter expertise
- Projects last 16 weeks (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters)
- No Fee—Scholarship Gift instead. We invite our capstone sponsors to make a philanthropic gift in support of the Heinz College Sponsors Fellowship fund; gifts of $10,000 or more qualify your organization for recognition through Heinz Corporate Partners program
How does a capstone help my organization?
- Share use cases and data with the capstone team to create a customized technology solution
- Receive a license to use the team’s work product in your organization; solutions are designed on your platforms
- Create a talent pipeline through student engagement
- Collaborate with a Heinz College faculty expert leading the project
- Build your brand across Heinz College and CMU
- Potential to advance your project to phase two (Capstone+)
Capstone projects are designed to bring innovative, out-of-the-box thinking to technology problems. We're here to help you determine which path is the best fit for your organization.
Do you have a capstone idea you'd like to discuss? Are you ready to take action? Not sure where to start? We want to help! Click the appropriate link to the right to get started.
Timeline and Deadlines
- Summer Semester: Proposals due April 30
- Fall Semester: Proposals due July 1
- Spring Semester: Proposals due November 1