ARTS. ANALYTICS. ACTION.
Master of Arts Management (MAM)
Arts and cultural institutions need leaders who are as passionate as the artists and audiences they support. These organizations face unique challenges in the digital age, and the Master of Arts Management (MAM) program prepares students to face those challenges and ensure that the arts continue to thrive.
Combining the renowned interdisciplinary and creative power of Carnegie Mellon University's College of Fine Arts with the analytical expertise of Heinz College, the MAM program positions graduates to be arts managers who can lead organizations at the highest level and have lasting impact on the communities they serve.
Our innovative approach centers on the intersection of people, policy, and technology with an arts focus. Courses in analytics and quantitative management—alongside many exciting opportunities for industry-centered experiential learning—will train you to navigate the rapidly changing cultural economy of the 21st century.
You will emerge from the MAM program with a coveted skillset that arts organizations need and eagerly seek. Nowhere else will you find this type of skills-based, future-facing, tech-driven approach to arts management education. Nowhere else will you find this level of impact.
Our faculty and students work on some of the industry’s most challenging problems:
- Innovating new modes of audience engagement using data and tech
- Collaborating with international partners to strengthen cultural exchange through the arts
- Bringing evidence-based decision-making to arts education and advocacy
- Measuring the economic and intrinsic impact of the arts to promote creative placemaking
- Creating mission-driven, sustainable financial models that mutually benefit artists, audiences, and arts organizations
- Transcending brick-and-mortar constraints with innovative technology and data-informed modeling
- Developing culturally responsible management practices to foster equity and inclusion in the arts
#1 Analytics Program
Prestigious Arts School
Play, Create, and Innovate
My Story: Jeffrey
Jeffrey Morris (MAM '17) is from Los Angeles, California. He is following his passion by using quantitative management skills to help keep the arts sustainable and vibrant.