Launch yourself into an elite data science career in just twelve months, minimizing your time away from the workforce and returning with an unparalleled skillset.
If you have three years of relevant professional experience or more, the BIDA: 12-Month pathway provides the same degree as our standard Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (BIDA) pathway, but in an accelerated format. Students complete the BIDA: 12-Month pathway full-time from August to August.
The Heinz College BIDA programs will provide you with depth in the emerging field of analytics, forging skills that you can use to change the way companies do business. Our comprehensive curriculum includes advanced analytics coursework in machine learning, structured and unstructured data analytics, and predictive modeling. When combined with core technology coursework and experiential learning, BIDA will arm you with the expertise to become an influencer at any organization.
Due to the experience level of BIDA: 12-Month candidates, an internship is not required.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duration: 1 year / 3 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer)
THE BIDA EXPERIENCE
Mark Minisce (MISM-BIDA '17) and Carla Luyo (MISM '17) talk about the value of their time at Heinz College, what they learned, and what lies ahead.
Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Curriculum
NOTE: BIDA: 12-Month does not follow the same academic schedule as MISM: 12-Month. All BIDA students begin in August, whereas MISM: 12-Month students begin in May.
FIRST SEMESTER (FALL)
- Unstructured Data Analytics
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Database Management
- Statistics for IT Managers
- Economic Analysis
- Writing for Information Systems Management
SECOND SEMESTER (SPRING)
- Machine Learning for Problem Solving
- Applied Econometrics
- Distributed Systems for Information Systems Management
- Accounting and Finance Foundations
- Digital Transformation
- Big Data and Large-Scale Computing
- Marketing Analytics
THIRD SEMESTER (SUMMER)
- Data Analytics Capstone Project
- Intro to Human-Computer Interaction
- Exploring and Visualizing Data
- Professional Speaking
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty