MSPPM: Pittsburgh (Two-Year)
Our most popular and flexible MSPPM option.
In MSPPM: Pittsburgh, you will gain crucial strengths in quantitative management and evidence-based problem-solving, as well as effective communication and strategic thinking. This combination of abilities will position you to use data, technology, and smart policy to make the world a better place.
A full-time professional graduate degree program with a required summer internship, students have opportunities to work with industry clients on real-world problems via Capstone Projects, bringing theory into practice.
With a MSPPM from Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College, you will come out ready to use your skills to lead meaningful change.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duration: 2 years / 4 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer Internship, Fall, Spring)
My Story: Franz
Franz Rivera (MSPPM '18) was born in Manila and grew up in Los Angeles, California. He's getting his MSPPM so he can make an impact in many different ways.
MSPPM: PITTSBURGH CURRICULUM
YEAR 1 - FALL SEMESTER
- AI for Public Policy
- Design Thinking
- Statistical Reasoning with R
- Intro to Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Writing for Public Policy
YEAR 1 - SPRING SEMESTER
- Intro to Programming with Python
- Management Science I & II
- Policy & Politics: American or International Perspective
- Financial Analysis
- Strategic Presentation Skills
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
YEAR 2 - FALL SEMESTER
- Telling Stories with Data
- Behavioral Economics in Public Policy
- Developing as a Leader
- Poverty, Inequality, and Social Policies
- Geographic Information Systems
- Societal Consequences of Technological Change: Autonomous Vehicles
YEAR 2 - SPRING SEMESTER
- Public Policy Capstone Project
- Large Scale Data Analysis for Public Policy
- Societal Consequences of Technological Change: Education
- Methods of Policy Analysis