star twitter facebook envelope linkedin instagram youtube alert-red alert home left-quote chevron hamburger minus plus search triangle x

Ph.D. Transcripts

Follow the detailed instructions below to successfully submit your undergraduate transcript to Heinz College as part of your application for admission to the Ph.D. program.

As an applicant to our Ph.D. program, you are required to submit an official undergraduate transcript from the institution where you earned (or will earn) your undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree. You will add this institution to the Academic History page of your application with "level of study" = "Undergraduate" and "degree" = "Bachelor's or equivalent". You may upload an unofficial transcript, but this is not required as you must have an official transcript submitted as described below.

Our Ph.D. program requires evidence of receipt of an undergraduate degree (a bachelor's degree or its equivalent) by a regionally accredited institution prior to matriculation. We must receive the OFFICIAL transcript (or transcript evaluation report) for this school before your application will be considered complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee.*

For any school where you took relevant classes other than your undergraduate degree awarding institution, you will also list them on the application and must upload an unofficial transcript on the page where you add the school(s).

All transcripts should show the titles of all courses taken, grades or marks received, and the date and title of any degrees conferred. Please note:

  • If you completed courses at one institution that transferred to another (transfer, study-abroad) for a degree, the degree-awarding institution's transcript will be sufficient if all of the transferred course titles and grades/marks appear on the degree-awarding institution's official transcript.
  • The official transcript may differ from the unofficial transcript available to you as a student/alumnus.
  • Do not list institutions where a transcript was not issued.
  • Do not list secondary/higher secondary or high school.

 * Applicants who have not completed their undergraduate degree by the time they submit their application for admission may be admitted to Heinz College with the condition they submit their final transcript, including their date of graduation, prior to the start of their first semester at Heinz College.

See below for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to submit your transcripts or transcript evaluation reports for your undergraduate degree from institutions within the United States or your undergraduate degree from institutions outside the United States.

Undergraduate Degree Transcripts from Institutions within the U.S.

If you earned your bachelor's degree at an institution that is located within the United States, your transcripts must be sent to Heinz College in an official format by the degree-granting school.

Undergraduate Degree Transcripts from Institutions Outside the United States

If your undergraduate degree is from an institution that is located outside of the United States, we would prefer that you use an academic credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report. The academic credential evaluation service will then send this course-by-course report directly to Heinz College either electronically or by mail.

If you choose to submit your transcript via an academic credential evaluation service, we recommend that you use one of the following three evaluation services to submit your course-by-course report to Heinz College. Please see below for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to use each service, or additional instructions on what to do if you choose to use a different credential evaluation service.

You can also opt to have your official undergraduate transcript sent to our office rather than via an approved academic credential evaluation service. Please see the "Electronic Delivery" and "U.S. Postal Service" sections below for more information.