Business Process Modeling
Processes are the core technologies of all organizations for producing and delivering products and services that satisfy customer needs. Increasingly, in order to continue to serve their customers and remain competitive, organizations are required to continuously analyze, redesign, and improve their end-to-end core business processes in shorter and shorter time frames to achieve operational goals. Realizing this end-to-end business process integration requires an IT infrastructure that enables people, processes, and information to be integrated in a flexible manner.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the relationships between business processes, strategy, and organizational performance.
- Define various process flow measurements and methods for calculating them.
- Diagnose the root causes of poor process performance and recommend appropriate managerial levers for improving them.
- Model, analyze, simulate, and redesign a process to achieve specific performance goals.
- Identify ways emerging technologies can be used to enable business process improvement and redesign.
- Model and simulate a business process using the Arena software.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. However, you may find it helpful to have completed your core statistics course.