Accounting and Finance Foundations
The focus of this course is on the basics of reading and interpreting financial statements in for-profit companies and financial evaluation of projects. These are critical skills for any manager. Owners (shareholders) expect managers to operate their companies in a way that produces creates wealth. For this reason, ,anagers must know how their decisions affect the company's profits. This course provides the background students will need to be successful in their careers.
This course endeavors to give students the skills to be effective managers. Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Locate financial information to analyze companies
2. Classify accounts in the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
3. Analyze a company's financial health using ratio analysis.
4. Calculate and interpret Discount Rate
5. Calculate, interpret and apply Capital Budgeting techniques in determining the financial viability of a projects
6. Use time value of money techniques to make decisions