Is MSHCPM Right For Me?
The Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM) program is a health care program in a class by itself.
Rather than focusing narrowly on hospital administration or public health, MSHCPM holistically covers all points of the health care continuum, from health care delivery to health information systems and technologies, and the various business and policy challenges that impact each stage of care.
The MSHCPM program does not box you into one of a few limited career paths, instead giving you transferable skills that empower you to thrive in roles across the health sector. The combination of quantitative management, technology, business strategy, and professional communication will make you flexible and adaptive to rapid changes in the industry.
With these key abilities, you can seek evidence-based solutions that will improve outcomes for all stakeholders, whether you are working with a hospital or provider, a large health organization, a consulting firm, or a health care start-up.
MSHCPM not what you’re looking for? Return to the Program Finder.
Curriculum & Courses
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: MSHCPM
Below is one possible schedule for the two-year MSHCPM program. Actual schedules will vary depending on electives.
Class titles in bold are core courses.
Year 1 - Fall SEMESTER
- Health Systems
- Health Care Management
- Statistical Reasoning with R
- Intro to Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Writing for Public Policy
Year 1 - Spring SEMESTER
- Telling Stories With Data
- Lean Performance Improvement in Health Care
- Management Science I & II
- Health Care Information Systems
- Health Policy
- Health Care Finance
- Strategic Presentation Skills
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
Year 2 - Fall SEMESTER
- Design Thinking
- Applied Ethical Analysis
- Developing as a Leader
- Strategy Development
- Evidence-Based Management
- Health Economics
- Population Health
Year 2 - Spring SEMESTER
- Health Care Industry Capstone Project
- Health Care Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Public Policy Implementation
- Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Development
- Health Law, Compliance, and Ethics
WHO ARE MSHCPM'S STUDENTS?
The average MSHCPM class is small yet diverse, both in terms of demographics and experience/education. Data shown reflects the last three years.
See the Admissions page for detailed admissions requirements for the MSHCPM program.