Is MSHCPM Right For Me?
The Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM) program is a health care program in a class by itself.
Rather than focusing simply on hospital administration or public health, our program holistically covers all points of the health care continuum, from health care delivery to health data systems and technologies, and the various business and policy challenges that impact each stage of care.
The MSHCPM program does not box you into one of a few narrow career paths, instead giving you an education and skills that empower you to succeed in roles across the health sector. The combination of quantitative analytics, technology, business strategy, and professional communication will make you flexible and adaptive to rapid changes in the industry.
These key abilities will allow you to seek impactful and evidence-based solutions that will improve outcomes for all stakeholders, whether you are working with a health care system or organization, a consulting firm, or a health care start-up.
MSHCPM not what you’re looking for? Return to the Program Finder.
Curriculum & Courses
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: MSHCPM
Below is one possible schedule for the two-year MSHCPM program. Actual schedules will vary depending on electives.
Class titles in bold are core courses.
Year 1 - Fall SEMESTER
- Health Policy and Management Systems
- Health Care Management
- Statistical Reasoning with R
- Intro to Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Strategic Presentation Skills
Year 1 - Spring SEMESTER
- Telling Stories With Data
- High Reliability in Health Care
- Management Science I & II
- Health Care Information Systems
- Health Care Finance
- Financial Analysis
- Writing for Public Policy
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
Year 2 - Fall SEMESTER
- Design Thinking
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- Developing as a Leader
- Strategy Development
- Evidence-Based Management
- Health Economics
Year 2 - Spring SEMESTER
- Health Care Industry Capstone Project
- Health Care Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Public Policy Implementation
- Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Development
- Population Health
- Health Law, Compliance, and Ethics
WHO ARE MSHCPM'S STUDENTS?
The average MSHCPM class is small yet diverse, both in terms of demographics and experience/education. Data shown reflects the last three years.
See the Admissions page for detailed admissions requirements for the MSHCPM program.