DISRUPTING HEALTH CARE. STAT!
Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM)
As the U.S. health care sector expands and evolves beyond hospitals, the industry needs smart, flexible business leaders who understand the continuum of care and appreciate how technology and data are transforming everything. At the same tiime, we need problem solvers who recognize the need for systemic changes that will reduce waste and improve quality of care.
Whether you envision yourself guiding policy as a consultant, managing a health system or insurer at the highest levels, or building a medical company from the ground up, our Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM) program offers specialized competencies across public policy, public health, population health, and health care delivery.
In MSHCPM, you will learn the nuances of the increasingly complex health care business environment, alongside interdisciplinary training in Heinz College’s core strengths of data analytics, technology, and management. This combination of abilities will prepare you to innovate and respond to constant shifts in this critical industry.
Some of health care’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Creating new markets and business models for health informatics and bio-tech
- Evaluating single-payer policies and their potential impact on health equity and outcomes
- Optimizing integration among health systems and providers, discovering best practices to lower readmission
- Improving elder care through better care coordination and smart logistics
- Streamlining clinical trials, saving billions of dollars in the process
- Revolutionizing detection and treatment of stroke and other major medical issues
- Stopping the proliferation of counterfeit drugs
- Using data to reducing wait times in busy emergency rooms
- Connecting chronically ill patients to mental health and support resources
- Developing new technology and data-driiven care management programs
Health Care Capital
Leader in Innovation
My Story: Carlos
Carlos Rodriguez (MSHCPM '17) is from Havana, Cuba by way of Miami. He tells us about how the MSHCPM program gave him the adaptability and confidence to lead in health care.
Learn from professors like Rema Padman, an expert in health technology and management science. Our faculty are innovators who are using data and analytics to reshape the health care continuum.