DISRUPTING HEALTH CARE. STAT!
Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM)
As the U.S. health care sector expands and evolves beyond hospitals, the industry needs smart, flexible business leaders who can both understand the continuum of care and appreciate how technology and big data are changing everything.
Whether you envision yourself guiding policy as a consultant, managing a health system or insurer at the highest levels, or building a medical company from the ground up, our Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM) program offers specialized competencies across public policy, public health, population health, and health care delivery.
In the MSHCPM, you will learn the nuances of the increasingly complex health care business environment, alongside interdisciplinary training in Heinz College’s core strengths of data analytics, technology, and management. This combination of abilities will prepare you to be an innovator who is able to lead and respond to constant change in one of the world’s fastest-growing industries.
Some of the industry’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Creating new markets and business models for health informatics and bio-tech
- Applying AI to electronic health records to enable earlier interventions
- Optimizing integration among health systems and providers, discovering best practices to lower readmission
- Improving elder care through better care coordination and smart logistics
- Streamlining clinical trails, saving billions of dollars in the process
- Using robotics in surgery to make procedures safer and less invasive
- Collapsing the time from diagnosis to treatment using text analytics
- Revolutionizing detection and treatment of stroke and other major medical issues
- Using analytics to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
- Stopping the proliferation of counterfeit drugs
Health Care Capital
Leader in Innovation
MSHCPM: Across the Continuum
Hear Program Director James P. Jordan discuss the ways that the MSHCPM prepares you for the future of health care better than a degree in public health or hospital administration.
My Story: Carlos
Carlos Rodriguez (MSHCPM '17) is from Havana, Cuba by way of Miami. He tells us about how the MSHCPM program gave him the adaptability and confidence to lead in health care.