HEALTH CARE IS EVOLVING
Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM)
As the U.S. health care sector expands and transforms, the industry needs smart, flexible leaders. We need visionaries who thoroughly understand the continuum of care and appreciate how advanced technology is reshaping everything from how health products are developed to how (and where) care is delivered to patients. At the same tiime, we need problem solvers who recognize the need for systemic changes that will reduce waste and improve health care quality and access.
Guide policy as a consultant. Manage a health system or insurer at the highest levels. Build a medical company from the ground up. No matter the impact you want to have in the health industry, our Master of Science in Health Care Policy & Management (MSHCPM) program offers expertise across public policy, public health, population health, and health care delivery.
In MSHCPM, you will learn the nuances of the increasingly complex health care business environment, alongside interdisciplinary training in Heinz College’s core strengths of technology and quantitative management. This combination of abilities will prepare you to innovate and respond to constant shifts in this critical industry.
Some of health care’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Creating new markets and business models for health informatics and bio-tech
- Evaluating single-payer policies and their potential impact on health equity and outcomes
- Optimizing integration among health systems and providers, discovering best practices to lower readmission
- Improving elder care through better care coordination and smart logistics
- Streamlining clinical trials, saving billions of dollars in the process
- Revolutionizing detection and treatment of stroke and other major medical issues
- Stopping the proliferation of counterfeit drugs
- Using data to reducing wait times in busy emergency rooms
- Connecting chronically ill patients to mental health and support resources
- Developing new technology and data-driiven care management programs
Health Care Capital
Leader in Innovation
My Story: Carlos
Carlos Rodriguez (MSHCPM '17) is from Havana, Cuba by way of Miami. He tells us about how the MSHCPM program gave him the adaptability and confidence to lead in health care.
Learn from professors like Rema Padman, an expert in health technology and management science. Our faculty are innovators who are using data and analytics to reshape the health care continuum.