BUSINESS IS THE ENGINE. TECHNOLOGY IS THE POWER.
Master of Information Systems Management (MISM)
Industry is innovating like never before, and a new generation of leaders is needed to harness technology and big data to propel organizations—and society—forward. Our Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) program blends technical and leadership skills, equipping you with the ability to transform organizations through technology.
The MISM program is available in four challenging pathways—our flagship 16-month and 12-month programs in Pittsburgh, our industry-leading Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA) program, and our exciting dual-city intercontinental option in Adelaide, Australia. Regardless of the direction you take, our MISM program builds tech leaders who are the full package: Analytical. Creative. Ethical.
As a result, our MISM graduates go on to impact the companies that change the world.
Some of the world’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Securing the Internet of Things with blockchain
- Using machine learning to predict consumer behavior
- Making health care IT more efficient with text analytics
- Measuring social media’s impact on the box office
- Building chat bots to drive sales for legacy brands
- Revolutionizing human-computer interaction, at the birthplace of automated vehicles
- Using voice recognition to help diabetics manage their home care
- Stopping the proliferation of counterfeit drugs
A Diverse, Inclusive Community
Leader in Innovation
My Story: Ahmad
Ahmad Salah Ud Din (MISM '17) is from Lahore, Pakistan. He talks about his experiences in the MISM program and the boost it gave his career. And he treats us to a song.
My Story: Rebecca
Rebecca Dilla (MISM Global '17) is from Western Pennsylvania. After a year Adelaide and an internship in India, she returned to the world-class city in her own backyard—Pittsburgh.