BUSINESS IS THE ENGINE. TECHNOLOGY IS THE POWER.
Master of Information Systems Management (MISM)
Industry is innovating like never before, and a new generation of leaders is needed to harness technology and big data to propel organizations—and society—forward. Our Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) program blends technical and leadership skills, equipping you with the ability to transform organizations through technology.
The MISM program is available in four challenging pathways—our flagship 16-month and 12-month programs in Pittsburgh, and our industry-leading Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA) program in 16-month and 12-month formats. Regardless of the direction you take, our MISM program builds tech leaders who are the full package: Analytical. Creative. Ethical.
As a result, our MISM graduates go on to impact the companies that change the world.
Some of the world’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Modeling malicious domain names to improve cybersecurity
- Using machine learning to categorize game footage for Major League Baseball's New York Mets
- Making health care IT more efficient with text analytics
- Increasing equity in electric vehicle charging locations
- Quantifying social media’s impact on the box office
- Reducing the prevalence of diabetes in high-risk regions
- Predicting supply chain disruptions with machine learning and analytics
- Calculating the carbon-footprint ramifications of working from home
- Deploying data science and technology to automate trucking and shipping fleets
- Eliminating bias in health care datasets
- Stopping the proliferation of counterfeit drugs
- Improving the predictive modeling of financial fraud using machine learning
A Diverse, Inclusive Community
Leader in Innovation
My Story: Ahmad
Ahmad Salah Ud Din (MISM '17) is from Lahore, Pakistan. He talks about his experiences in the MISM program and the boost it gave his career. And he treats us to a song.
My Story: Rebecca
Rebecca Dilla (MISM Global '17) is from Western Pennsylvania. After a year in Adelaide and an internship in India, she returned to the world-class city in her own backyard—Pittsburgh.
Learn from professors like Beibei Li, an IS expert specializing in digital consumer behavior. Our faculty are innovators creating new models at the intersection of technology and business.