BUSINESS IS THE ENGINE. TECHNOLOGY IS THE POWER.
Master of Information Systems Management (MISM)
Industry is innovating like never before, and a new generation of leaders is needed to harness technology and big data to propel organizations—and society—forward. Our Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) program blends technical and leadership skills, equipping you with the ability to transform organizations through technology.
The MISM program is available in four challenging pathways—our flagship 16-month and 12-month programs in Pittsburgh, and our industry-leading Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA) program in 16-month and 12-month formats. Regardless of the direction you take, our MISM program builds tech leaders who are the full package: Analytical. Creative. Ethical.
As a result, our MISM graduates go on to impact the companies that change the world.
Some of the world’s greatest challenges, that our faculty and students are working to solve:
- Upgrading data management to enhance care for veterans
- Creating software that supports multiple languages
- Modeling malicious domain names to improve cybersecurity
- Using machine learning to categorize Major League Baseball game footage
- Making health care IT more efficient with text analytics
- Predicting and tracking the sale of illegal goods for a financial services firm
- Reducing the prevalence of diabetes in high-risk regions
- Use data visualization to help companies reduce carbon emissions
- Deploying data science and technology to automate trucking and shipping fleets
- Eliminating bias in health care datasets
- Optimizing the supply chain to reduce food waste
- Improving the predictive modeling of financial fraud using machine learning
- Testing current criminal sentencing protocols for equity and fairness
- Building secure large language models using open-source frameworks
A Diverse, Inclusive Community
Leader in Innovation
My Story: Sam
Sam Bacon chose the MISM program because of its curriculum: the blend of technical courses and management skills that allow him to integrate into the culture of a workplace.
My Story: Ahmad
Ahmad Salah Ud Din is from Lahore, Pakistan. He talks about his experiences in the MISM program and the boost it gave his career. And he treats us to a song.
Choose the Experience to Power Your Goals:
Undergraduate Degrees in Information Systems
Frequently Asked Questions
Didn't find what you were looking for on this page? Check out our Admissions Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information on any of the topics or processes outlined above.