Empowering the business technologist.
Heinz College's MISM will spark your career and give you a distinct competitive advantage in the technology job market. MISM challenges you with a comprehensive curriculum in technology design and implementation, business strategy, professional communication, and management that will prepare you to have an immediate impact on an organization.
MISM: 16-Month is completed over three semesters of coursework and experiential learning including a summer internship.
Classroom learning is augmented with opportunities to work with industry clients on real-world problems via required Capstone Projects, internships and elective project-based courses.
As a MISM graduate, you will find yourself equipped to solve technology and business problems for firms of all sizes and across all sectors—MISM: 16-Month graduates are employed by some of the most innovative and influential companies in the world.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duration: 16 months / 3 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer Internship, Fall)
The MISM Experience
Carla Luyo (MISM '17) and Mark Minisce (MISM-BIDA '17) talk about the value of their time at Heinz College, what they learned, and what lies ahead.
Andrew Yenchik (MISM '13) talks about how the MISM curriculum and experiential learning opportunities prepared him for real-world impact.
MISM: 16-Month Curriculum
FIRST SEMESTER (FALL)
- Internet of Things
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Statistics for IT Managers
- Economic Analysis
- Writing for Information Systems Management
SECOND SEMESTER (SPRING)
- Telling Stories With Data
- Consulting Lab
- Managing Analytics Projects
- Distributed Systems for Information Systems Management
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Professional Speaking
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
THIRD SEMESTER (FALL)
- Information Systems Capstone Project
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain Fundamentals
- Web Application Development
- Design Thinking
- Digital Transformation
- Managing Disruptive Technologies