Empowering the business technologist.
Heinz College's MISM will spark your career and give you a distinct competitive advantage in the technology job market. MISM challenges you with a comprehensive curriculum in technology design and implementation, business strategy, professional communication, and management that will prepare you to have an immediate impact on an organization.
MISM: 16-Month is completed over three semesters of coursework and experiential learning including a summer internship.
Classroom learning is augmented with opportunities to work with industry clients on real-world problems via required Capstone Projects, internships and elective project-based courses.
As a MISM graduate, you will find yourself equipped to solve technology and business problems for firms of all sizes and across all sectors—MISM: 16-Month graduates are employed by some of the most innovative and influential companies in the world.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duration: 16 months / 3 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer Internship, Fall)
My Story: Tobi
Oluwatobi Oladiran (MISM '18) is from Nigeria. Tobi loves business, technology, and solving problems for people. She came to Heinz College because she wants to break down barriers.
MISM: 16-Month Curriculum
FIRST SEMESTER (FALL)
- Internet of Things
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Statistics for IT Managers
- Economic Analysis
- Writing for Information Systems Management
SECOND SEMESTER (SPRING)
- Telling Stories With Data
- Consulting Lab
- Managing Analytics Projects
- Distributed Systems for Information Systems Management
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Professional Speaking
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
THIRD SEMESTER (FALL)
- Information Systems Capstone Project
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain Fundamentals
- Web Application Development
- Design Thinking
- Digital Transformation
- Managing Disruptive Technologies