Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
Empowering the Data Scientist.
Within the MISM program, the Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (BIDA) pathway goes deeper into the emerging field of analytics, forging experts that change the way companies do business around the world.
The comprehensive curriculum includes advanced analytics coursework in machine learning, structured and unstructured data analytics and predictive modeling. When combined with core technology coursework and experiential learning, BIDA you will arm you with the expertise to become an influencer at any organization.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duration: 16 months / 3 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer Internship, Fall)
THE BIDA EXPERIENCE
Mark Minisce (MISM-BIDA '17) and Carla Luyo (MISM '17) talk about the value of their time at Heinz College, what they learned, and what lies ahead.
Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Curriculum
NOTE: The standard 16-Month BIDA program follows the same academic schedule as MISM: 16-Month, which begins in August and ends in December of the following year. The 12-Month BIDA runs from August to August. It is not possible to complete BIDA in the Global pathway.
FIRST SEMESTER (FALL)
- Unstructured Data Analytics
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Database Management
- Organizational Design and Implementation
- Statistics for IT Managers
- Economic Analysis
- Writing for Information Systems Management
SECOND SEMESTER (SPRING)
- Machine Learning for Problem Solving
- Applied Econometrics
- Distributed Systems for Information Systems Management
- Accounting and Finance Foundations
- Professional Speaking
- Big Data and Large-Scale Computing
- Marketing Analytics
--REQUIRED SUMMER INTERNSHIP--
THIRD SEMESTER (FALL)
- Data Analytics Capstone Project
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence
- Exploring and Visualizing Data
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Digital Transformation
- Advanced Business Analytics